Saturday, April 22, 2006

I love links! Or: I (ugh) meet Bill Simmons

I've started blogs three different times over the past few years, then given them up in disgust when I failed to link to them from Google. My last attempt (save this one) was some major bucks I shelled out at Live Journal the night I met Bill Simmons, ESPN.com Page 2's Sports Guy. I met him at a Borders book-signing for his book, "Now I Can Die in Peace," which chronicled the last few frustrating years of Red Sox Nation fandom, leading up to the Greatest Comeback in Sports History, the team's charge from a 3-0 playoff deficit to the New York Yankees and eventual World Championship.

Simmons's reading is hard sledding for this Yankee fan, but I read the book and found a source of inspiration--well, I wrote the story down in Live Journal before coming over here to be with my friends. The embarrassing tale is told here, here, and here.

No comments: