Saturday, December 30, 2006

Duke as the year turns

I saw the McMartin preschool hoax play out for five years in front of me (I lived in Los Angeles, and I told myself, Never again.

The problem is people who say, "Who cares?"

Like, for instance, Lawrence O'Donnell

Caught "McGlaughlin Group" last night. I don't have much use for Lawrence O'Donnell, but what he said was especially hateful. When asked his opinion on "The Most Overrated Story" of 2006, he responded: The Duke Rape Case.

"Let it play out," he said. "There's no need for examining it day to day."

No no no no no. A thousand times no. O'Donnell is a Washington insider who finds the whole affair boring, never mind the effect on these three young men.

This--once a dismissal comes, as it surely will--will be the bloggers' finest hour.

All of you: do not flag or fail. Keep up the pressure. Dismiss, dismiss, dismiss or let the heavens fall.

1 comment:

texasyank said...

Yes. And Yes. Let us neither flag nor fall.