Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Durham DA Nifong hit with Ethics violations

The details here.

Consider:

At this moment, removal as DA and a lengthy suspension of his law lisence is the best case scenario. Nifong's career as DA is over. Disbarment is a genuine possibility.

And jail time? Don't be surprised.

I'm reminded of what one of the mothers (it might have been Mrs. Finnerty) said on 60 Minutes, when asked what she would say to Mike Nifong, were he in the room.

"'Mr. Nifong,'" she replied. "'You picked on the wrong families. And we're going to remind you of this every day for the rest of your life.'"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write me, Joe. It's Leslie. Same old email.

texasyank said...

I deleted it by accident. I've been trying to reach you for a few months. I'm at 713-261-6778. The traffic here is so slow that I'm not giving anything up.

Anonymous said...

Okay, got it. You can remove your number from here. Thank you. I will call you soon. Your pal, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Joe-Joe,
It's your old high school flame Xaviera Xavierette. I'm hankering for a "hot cup a Joe". Call me. You know the number.

texasyank said...

Funny, Bullvass