Friday, October 06, 2006

Life in Hell

I'm not seeing this. I'm not seeing the worst call in maybe a decade, the throw-out of Pudge Rodriguez at third base that umpire wossname called safe; the call that probably cost the Yankees two runs; the call that ruins a night when Unit's performance (pitch-for-pitch) exceeds one's greatest expectations . . .

Let's not forget the offense, the $150 million starting nine that has gone scoreless for the past ten innings, who can't bring a lead-off double around to score.

Against Kenny Rodgers? You're kidding me. 3-0 through five?

Update: 5-0. I hate myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This game was so depressing that I found myself turning away from it and watching something else. Then, going back and hoping that something would/had happened. Yes, that was a mystifying, baaaad call. He should have been called out simply based on how much the throw beat the runner.

Well,when I got up this morning, I realized the simple fact that if we when today, it's a "New Ball Game". Afer all, it isn't like we're playing USC.

texasyank said...

7-3 in the second . . . whoops, 13-3 pending the extra point.