Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday afternoon

A tale of two teams:

USC, leading Washington 14-10 and looking like world-beaters.

The Yankees, 0-0 versus the Tigers . . . oops, 1-0, Ordonez's homer, and looking dead. They took the field as if for a hanging.

Update: I was right, unfortunately. 4-0, fifth inning. I stopped watching two innings ago.

USC 23, UDub 13. Third quarter.

Texas 14, Oklahoma 10.

If anything could cheer me up, college football is it.

Update: Detroit 7, Yankees 0. Can't say I didn't see it coming.

Well, I always thought Lou Piniella deserved a third shot as manager.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's 3:30pm in the afternoon here in Arizona. Sorry to say, but it's offically time to start drinking.

texasyank said...

Way ahead of you, bro. Come back tomorrow for a kind of debriefing.