Monday, June 26, 2006

Damn straight

As I've written before, the most vivid memory of Election Night, 2004, is of Michael Barone flipping through what seemed like hundreds of pages of election results, going county-by-county, sometimes precinct-by-precint, to make clear that Florida, and then Ohio, was going for Bush.

To re-capitulate: had either state gone for Kerry . . . ugh.

That night made me a Barone guy. So I add extra credence to what he writes here. Quite frankly, The New York Times is hurting us.

The editors at NRO ysterday urged the White House to yank the Times' reporters credentials. Such a gesture would be a socko moment for the right. So of course the White Hosue won't do it. Pity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe-

Great Blog. Gee, I wonder why I feel that way? Hmmmm, let's see, you discuss The Yankees, and the Right. And oh yea, it's written by my Big Bro.

Great stuff. I look forward to future submissions.

Bad loss by the Yanks tonight. Does it seem as if A-Rod is TRYING to fulfill his title as a guy who is unable to get that clutch hit? Down by two in the 8th, runner on and he strikes out on a shit%y inside pitch? At least Posada (up after A-Rod in the 8th) drove his pitch to the track.

Oh well, as Bob Ryan mentioned today, all the injuries and the Yanks are still just 2 games out from the Sox. Joe Torre at his best right now.

See ya.......