Sunday, July 30, 2006

It's happening again

A Jewish man at a Jewish Federation in Seattle are killed by a Muslim; authorities announce themselves puzzled as to the motive.

Listen: I live in Houston, the world headquarters of BushCo, Halliburton, Big Oil and outdoor ice houses. And if I threw a single brick through a single pane of glass in a single window of one of the local mosques, there would be ten police cars on the scene in five minutes. I would be face-down and cuffed on the pavement. And the six o'clock news on all three local stations would lead with a sign behind the anchor's head: "HATE CRIME," in print whose size is reserved for Rockets NBA championships and Roger Clemens signings. Reporters would interrogate every person who ever knew me, hoping against hope that one of them would remember that I once said, "Screw you, towelhead," at the corner of Westheimer and Shepherd.

This blog--currently an amusement for family and friends, and one self-described fan in Pennsylvania, and another in Florida, and some nice people in New York, and the lady in Australia who wrote that sweet note, and Brendan who thought I was funny yesterday, and the one in Gilbert, Arizona; and some people here in Texas, and some others, and my Aunt Peggy, who told my mom she liked my piece on my office space a few months ago--would be pored over by hundreds, if not thousands.

But have a Muslim who says he hates Israel and then goes and shoots Jews at a Jewish center--gee, wonder why that took place?

Again, Mark Steyn states it better than anyone here, in a reprint from four years ago, in response to the El Al shootings (remember those?).

No comments: