Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Son of 1 1/2

So the Padres had to pitch to Pujols too. Will anyone ever learn.

Tomorrow morning, the Wizard goes out to try and cut the lead to one. This may be the 'Stros' last shot: hanging a W on the St. Louis scoreboard before the gates open, putting all the pressure on teh 'Birds to stay abreast.

And, yes, yes, Luke Scott was clutch in tying the game, but sheesh, National League extra-inning games are becoming the most boring creatures on earth. Everybody swings for the moon, everybody strikes out, and the freaking game goes on forever.

Brad Ausmus, who sent his buddy Biggio home with the sac fly in like the 90th inning, was--I'm not kidding--asked about T.O. His not unreasonable response: "T.O.?"
Then Greg Lucas saved him with a baseball question.

Game MVP: Wheeler. Three shutout innings in relief. Rivera-esque.

1 comment:

James Langston said...

Funny. I just got out of my first morning class, and we talked about the game for a couple of minutes before class started. I said the same thing about pitching to Pujols. I notice Berkman is getting intentionally walked.

I crashed after the 13th inning, as I figured it would probably go 20. I can't believe (again) I'm saying at this time of the year, but Go Astros. They just need to be sure to get down by a few runs in the early innings to ensure a W.