Thursday, November 23, 2006

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

My novel, which has consumed me in all the best ways, stands at 27, 002 words.

50,000 by month's end?

Maybe not, not now. But close.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

If often stated that, in a perfect world, we would celebrate two holidays: Thanksgiving and St. Patrick's Day.

Christmas is too expensive. Easter too uncomfortably strained between the traditions of the past (tric-or-treating) and the future (parties for all). The Fourth of July is too boring, waiting for the fireworks, and where I live it's too hot. Memorial Day and Labor Day are slightly more tolerable: one celebrates the start of summer and one the end.

New Year's Eve? I'd rather go to bed early.

Easter? Worried about my weight. At least Thanksgiving features lean poultry before loading on the starches and pies.

And Easter has no football.

No comments: