Saturday, November 25, 2006

USC-Notre Dame, second half

Okay, I settle in just in time to see the Trojan babies push another one across. Back before the kickoff, I thought, "Okay, if USC scores to start the second half, no matter the score, that's excellent good news for the Trojans."

I say it here, it comes out there. Most important drive of the season. 28-10, USC.

Now, the (as the Irish Trojan puts it) Pete Carroll Second Half Magic.

Three-and-out, with a sack. Demonstrating, at least now, that counting on your passing game will exhaust your o-line by the middle of the third quarter. So far, anyway.

Now: USC, third and one. Didn't make it. Gotta punt.

Update: Booty to Jarrett, extra-point missed. 37-17. Beat the Bruins.

Update: 44-24. All else evens out. Beat the Bruins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll ever get over the Rose Bowl. Every time they show that shot of Vince Young being showered with confetti, it makes me want to punch something. And I used to cheer for Texas.

But last year's USC-ND game...THAT'S why I watch. I can't help it that I care.