Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Two nights, a tie, and oh, AJ

To admit very quickly: When the Red Sox went ahead in the ninth Sunday night, I turned off the TV and went to bed. Couldn't take it. Had my heart ripped out for sure.

Woke up, a new day. Felt that stabbinjg sound you feel when you've missed something . . . like a blown Papelbon save in the ninth and a walk-off walk in the tenth.

Okay. Tied for Wild Card, at best.

Then . . 7-0 before I arrived home. If AJ wasn't getting all that money, if Vazquez or Novo were lighting it up, if Pettitte hadn't had that one bad start on Friday . . . would Burnett even be on the post-season roster?

1/2 back, magic number 1.

1 comment:

SundevilJoe said...

I did not give up on Sunday night as I knew "PappyJack" has not been sharp lately and the Yanks have his number. The walk off-walk off was great to see.

AJ will pitch in postseason but be #4.