Monday, August 14, 2006

End of an Era

So no liquids on planes. Irish Trojan has the visual proof.

This ban makes sense, but damn, to me it’s the end of an era. From now on, I will have to do without the two mini-bottles I take on with me for morning flights:

1. Vodka. When I order a Bloody Mary, Southwest gives me a mini-bottle of vodka (enough for one decent Bloody Mary) with a can holding twelve ounces of mixture (enough for two decent Bloody Marys). So I blend the vodka with half the mixture and drink it. When this is gone, I pour in the rest of the mixture, pour in my vodka, blend, and I get two Bloody Marys for the price of one.

2. Crown Royal. About an hour before I land, I order an ice water, drain it, and pour in a my mini-Crown. Then I feel quite the world traveller and read a book while revelling in my own sophistication.

This is a ritual (two pockets, two bottles) as ingrained as much as checking wallet, billfold, license, ticketless receipt.

And now it’s all over.

Thanks a lot, Osama. From now on it’s personal.

No comments: