Thursday, August 31, 2006

Yanks win series from Tigers, 2-1

Dang.

Just as things get as good as they are, I have to go and get a second job.

In the last leisurely weekend of my summer, I received a phone call from an old graduate school acquaintance, who is now the Lower Division Coordinator at my old graduate school, the University of Houston. Apparently the English Department was in the market for lecturers, and a mutual friend recommended me. I took it, knowing, first, I could only take classes at the beginning of the day, leaving the rest of the hours for my primary job. So my schedule is as follows:

Monday-Wednesday

7 am: Awake, shower, breakfast

8 am: Drive to Houston Community College

8:30-2: Perform Department Chair duties

2:00: Drive home

2:30-3:30: Lapse into coma

3:30-4:30: Work out

4:30-5:30: Drive back to campus

6:00-8:00: Teach HCC night school


Tuesday-Thursday:

5:30 am: Awake, etc.

6:30: Drive to U of H

7-9:45: Teach two U of H classes

9:45: Race to HCC

10:00-3:30: Perform chair duties

3:30: Drive home

This is all well and good, and in keeping with what I must do, except that I never seem to get home before 8 pm in any case. And so the Yanks' great run has been only a rumor.

Still, good show. Magic number is 22.

No comments: