Tuesday, August 01, 2006

McKinney. Say no more

Democratic incumbent Cynthia (Boom-Boom) McKinney faced off against challenger Hank Johnson, who has trolled the predictable cesspool of corruption and logrolling, but would probably be a tame and reliable left-wing member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

The whole debate is scored here.

Worth reprinting is Boom-Boom's final statement:

Thank you very much. An ordinance which was found unconstitutional written by an attorney. Dr. King reminded us that the measure of a man is where he stands in challenging controversy. I stand. Alongside our troops and our veterans, working families, and Mr. Clark, who could get no help from Mr. Johnson when his land was swallowed up by a landfill. Eisenhower reminds us that every dollar spent on war is a theft from the people. And I have brought more than $350 million. Send me back to Washington, so I can speak truth to power.


Well, that settles that, I guess.

No comments: